Tuesday, February 12, 2013

#4 Best Movie of 2012!

Welcome back all!

After going through my list of my favorite films of 2012, I had to make some tough decisions and had to cut some from the top 5. Making this list was pretty fun but also difficult in the sense that I could like several movies equally but not rank them the same because of my opinion or preference to genre. Having said that, I will continue the week counting down my favorite films announcing Number 1 on Friday with an Honorable Mentions list.

Once again, don't be afraid to comment or share my post. A fun thing about movies is the discussion that ensues so without further ado, My #4 Best Movie of 2012!!


NUMBER 4


CHRONICLE


 





Wow. Really? Another found footage/ documentary style type. Yes! I remember watching the trailer for this and I was like, "Teenagers with super powers!??!" I'm in. Going into this movie, I was intrigued by the concept but I honestly was not expecting a whole lot. Once again, the biggest thing that stood out wasn't necessarily the way the film was shot, (although that contributed) it was the protagonist who wielded the camera and the story he went through. These three unknown actors came in and portrayed the essence of high school with the fun, the trials and tribulations, and the aspect of being god. Now take a quick second. Close your eyes... You're back inn high school, but not only are you back in high school, you have telekinesis. You are more powerful than anyone or anything around you. What would you do?

What stood out most for me was the overall character arc that Andrew Detmer played by Dane DeHaan went through. You empathize with him. But after time, you see how the external conflicts he faces at home changes him into something to be feared. Great acting by Dane DeHaan who is currently filming The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (He'll play Harry Osborn). I certainly enjoyed the chemistry amongst the three and I definitely liked the direction here by Josh Trank,

This movie just makes you wonder about what you would do if you were in that situation. It puts you in a vulnerable position by being in high school yet at the same time you have the greatest power you could ever know. Overall, a great story and a dynamic character arc.


CHRONICLE---85% (B)

Follow me on Twitter @TheJayBrant

Until tomorrow when I reveal my 3rd favorite movie of 2012.




2 comments:

  1. I guess I will have to check this out. You have intrigued me with the story line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like this needs to be higher on the list because of your dream; Chronicle 2, you were in it, BAM!!!

    ReplyDelete